Connor had his first ever real exposure to football. He absolutely LOVED it. The groups were kids kindy to second grade. So, lots of kids were bigger and had more experience than Connor. But, he was a little speedy guy, and super eager to learn. When bigger kids were goofing off, Connor was cutting in line to take another turn. He was excited. Tackling, running a play, being a quarter back, or a receiver, he did it all with a huge smile. I have never seen him as focused as he was last night.
I can easily see me becoming one of them... you know that over zealous football Mom. I loved it.
Things I need to remember for Connor about yesterday....
1. He had no idea how to do a three point stance
2. He threw a reception to a second grader
3. He was one of the fastest runners
While I know he still has a lot to learn, he showed a lot of heart. After his hour and a half practice in the 90 degree heat he said, "Wow, that was a lot of work." I asked if he wanted to come back, he responded with a huge smile and a "YES!"
Here are a few photo highlights...
| Working on his three point stance |
| Preparing to tackle something other than CC |
| Taking it DOWN |
| Future Line Man? |
| Running Route |
| Found the hole |
| CC watched the whole practice |
| She can't decide if she wants to PLAY next year, or Cheer. I vote PLAY!!!! |
Finally, a bunch of the older kids kept rubbing Connor's head. Even his little Mohawk was a hit!
![]() |
| I never thought I'd cut his hair like this.... |
Next up, tomorrow we have another football clinic and Connor turns 5!!!!!

Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing and give Connor a big kiss from me to wish him Happy 5th Birthday!
ReplyDelete