Friday, February 15, 2013

Who Knew Hulk Had a Special Place in my Heart

The truth as I know it.

Yesterday, day 9, the little man began pushing my buttons.  As I was prepared to go the Mommy equivalant of Ape Shit, I stopped. Ran into the bathroom and yelled into the corner.  No one was in there with me, but I HAD.TO.GET.THE.YELL.OUT.

Then Connor cried.

Crap.
Later, we discussed that Mommy did not yell AT him, she was very frustrated with him not listening when I asked him to stop.  Connor looks at me, with his sweet little face, takes my cheeks in his hands to look him in the eye and says....

"Mommy, we gotta teach you not to yell."

Thanks kid, I've been working on that one.  All in all, still a success, I did not yell at or near him, but in the bathroom.   And, I am pretty sure he will stop crashing the desk chair into the GLASS DESK making the annoying crashing metal and plastic noise.  Not to mention, keeping the desk from breaking.  It's the small things that can sometimes be the most annoying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would file this one under, situations I cannot make up.

The letter of the week is V.  Connor and I have been discussing Spiderman, the Avengers, Batman, Heroes, and Villains a lot.  His favorite Villains, Green Goblin, The Vulture, Doc Oc, and Dr. Doom.  Pretty sweet he knows that, right?!

Anyway, he decided to bring Green Goblin and Spiderman to show and tell day at school.  It had to be letter "V" specific, so Green Goblin is obviously the VILLAIN, right?  Ok.  Easy. Then it turned ugly.

Back story, I allowed him to watch a cartoon of the Avengers.  In the episode, Hulk had this do-hickey implanted in his brain emitting this horrible noise.  This noise made him Hulk-out and act all out of sorts.  By the end of the episode, Captain America and gang, removed the do-hickey, Hulk was good again, and end story.  There was something about a Red Hulk in there, but I missed that story line.

ANYWAY-

Connor: "Mommy, Hulk is a bad guy."
Me: "No, Connor, he had that thingy in his head that made him act bad, but he is really a good guy."
Connor: "No Mommy, Hulk is bad."
Me: (a little more sternness in my voice): "Connor, he's a a good guy, that was all a misunderstanding."
Connor: "Nope a bad guy."
Me now yelling: "Connor. HULK. IS. A. GOOD. GUY!!! He's an Avenger! Avengers are only GOOD!"

There you have it. 10 days of going so well, and the Hulk knocks me down a peg.  Curse you Hulk, you ARE a bad guy.  Then I apologized to Connor that I should not yelled about Hulk, but he is a good guy.

Connor: "So, Hulk is good, it was just his bones in his head that made him bad?"
Me (a lot calmer after realizing the stupidity of me HAVING to be right about the damn moral compess of the freaking Hulk - curse you Bruce Banner-): "Yes, that's it."

I think the conversation is over then....

Connor: "So, Spiderman is an Avenger? The Amazing Avenger Spiderman?"

Me, not taking the bait here, "Let me call your Uncle Scotty for clarification. Because I don't think so."

Scott is our best comic book resource.  Everyone needs a comic book guy on speed dial, and I had one.  Connor needed the facts before he went to school and spread an untruth about Spiderman also being an Avenger. I will not have another kid out comic book geek my comic book geek kid, especially when I have a senior level comic book geek on speed dial.

Me: "Scott, is Spiderman an Avenger?"
Scott: " Yes, in fact in 2004, Captain America personally asked him to join...."
Me: "Awesome.  Just had to ensure Connor had his facts straight for show and tell."

Then we had a bit more comic related conversation, but y'all don't need to know about that.

Me to Connor: "Uncle Scott says Spiderman was also an Avenger."
Connor: "The Amazing Avenger Spiderman."
Me: "Yes, and who is the Villain?"

Remember this WHOLE conversation was supposed to be about V for VILLAIN.

Connor: "Green Goblin. Mommy, do you think Hulk liked Spiderman?"
Me: "I am sure they were friends.  They were both Avengers."

Thankfully we pulled up to school and it was drop off.  Connor was satisfied with his answers.  I wentback to by car, and see my phone had a message. Uncle Scott had text me a cool picture of the Avengers with Spiderman.  Connor will love to see that.  However, it was the next thing that popped up on my phone that about killed me.

Scott: "Yep, Spidey was an Avenger, but he really annoyed Hulk."

Seriously, these are the moment in my life, I cannot even make up. 

PS- I'm not telling Connor.

Connor Hulk, circa 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment