Friday, January 20, 2012

Knock, Knock

Blah. That is about how I have been feeling for about 3 weeks now. I feel like our whole house is simply in survival mode. Not one of us- not even CC or Connor seem to have the energy to do much of anything. Apparently, blah means I don't really have any fun observations or anything.

Being plagued by sickness and the winter blues has really taken a toll on us all.  Then, this week, Jeff decided to get the germs that have been lingering in our home.  BLAH!!!!  So, here I sit, still fighting this stupid double ear infection. I still feel off kilter and in a bit of a fog, I cannot wait for this stupid fog to END. Ear infections suck.

Besides the sick, the winter blahs, and coming down from the holidays... we are at the cusp of my 37th birthday. My current attitude makes me just wanna curl up on the couch, watch a little crap TV and just zone out, or take a nap. A nap sounds great.  But, Jeff made arrangements weeks ago for the kids to have an overnight so we can have an evening out alone.  Again, all I want is a nap, my energy level is at a negative.

Time to snap outta all this. My attempt to end this blah is the following declutter and have a REAL DATE with my husband. I called Vietnam Veterans for a pickup next week. For the next few days, I will be purging. LOTS of purging. I feel as if I have been drowning in a sea of snot and stuff.  Too much stuff.  I am hoping the snot will be fixed after I finish my antibiotics.  Jeff and I will fix "the stuff."

When I told my beloved about my idea to de-clutter, it was met with him stating, "It's about time."  It's not like we live in an episode of Hoarders here or anything. But, one may call me a collector or keeper. I come by it honestly.  My Gramma lived through the Depression, so she never let anything go; this attitude affected my Mom and me.  We seem to see things...then our next thought is we should keep the item, "just in case."  Just incase is why I still have my Charlie Brown sleeping bag from 1978.  I'm still not sure it's going in the pile to donate. But, I have it just in case.

But, jeeze we have a lot of just STUFF. I have 3 cabinets full of glasses in the basement. They have been sitting there since we moved in 4 years ago. They are a collection of pilsner glasses and such. I would need to invite over my closest 50 friends in order to use most of them. I am going to do my best to try to par those down a bit.  I know there are a few collector glasses in there - those will be kept.  I'm not ready to part with those yet. My overall goal in this is SPACE. I just want some space- empty space to end that feeling of drowning in stuff. 

I also mentioned date night. Yes, a REAL date night.  Initially, our date night was to be a very fancy night out.  However, due to the restaurant of choice closing for renovations (really- first time in 36 years I have pondered going to this place, and they are closing for renovations?! What are the odds??).  I thought we could go to a local place for food, then we would just hang out back at home? Blah. That is boring and, sadly, typical. Thanks to a great suggestion by a friend, I think Jeff and I are going to PLAY. The plan right now is to attend the local adult arcade that serves drinks. How fun will that be? We have not been there in easily 4 years.

So, for my 2 readers, sorry for this lull. Hopefully once the sickness and funk end, I'll be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment