Let me back-up a bit. The kids had their first ever Christmas Concert last week. As I was driving them to their concert, I felt totally and completely overwhelmed with emotion. It was just four short years ago, I had entered a prayer into my Bible to bless us with a child.
For over 8 years, I dreaded this time of year when children and their parents celebrated the magic of Christmas. There was a little magic back then, but it was not the magic Jeff and I had hoped and prayed for. Honestly, we ended up with lots of negative cycles back then that were always discovered right around Christmas. Another failed cycle, and yet another Christmas. See what I mean about a little joy? Don't get me wrong we loved seeing our family and spending time with them. But, it was hard. With each new niece, nephew, and cousin, we sat there wondering, "When will it be our turn to be blessed?" In the most holiest time on Church, there we are celebrating the BIRTH of a newborn. I cried. Every year at the reading of the Christmas story. I cried due to all the JOY of the Holiday, but also for all the sadness I felt. Christmas was hard.
So, driving to their concert I was just tearing up. I was just overcome with the sense of remembering I never thought I'd see the day I was driving MY CHILDREN to their first Christmas Concert. Heck, I was hoping to to be able to drive 1 child, but 2? Totally doubly blessed, and I know it. But, I remember that pit in my stomach of hoping, praying and yearning for a child. I sadly know, there are a lot of other couples out there who stepped into those infertility shoes. And those shoes suck.
I sat like every other parent at that concert. No one there knows our story. I was just another parent, watching their kids perform their little hearts out. The concert was sweet. Connor is a natural performer, and CC is a natural little dancer. It was just too cute. Here's a couple action shots:
Once the concert was complete, I was Connor's class helper. Another badge of Mommy-hood, Room Mom. Yes, I was secretly doing back-flips inside as I did some minor helper duties. Connor loved seeing his Mom in class, as much as I loved being there.
Then we went for lunch. And Calista barfed all over. Another Mommy-badge for me. Then I got sick for 4 days...I think Jeff got a "best Lysol use by husband" badge. Yet, I digress.
I got my latest Mommy badge yesterday. The kids brought home gifts for us. Connor made us a card.
| Connor writes his name now... |
| Connor's Snowman |
| Calista's Snowman |





No comments:
Post a Comment