Monday, December 19, 2011

Germany Trip

My trip... Was GREAT!  The work part was really informative and the town was cute!  It was their annual Christmas Market, so that made things even more fun.  I was able to see co-workers I only knew by email.  Long story short,  we ate, we drank and we learned - repeat.

Then I came home, and was sick for about 5 days.  Amazing how losing about 2 weeks in Decmeber REALLY throws things off.  So, I am back and have lots to post.  But, for today... Here is your tour of Wurzburg, Germany. 

Oh, yes, I will have a big, gian cold Hefeweizen!!!
Local beer of choice- no Miller Lite here



My pic from 2006, but the pub where I took the picture of the above beers
Great beer and Great Pretzel Sandwhichs

St. Nicolas at the Christmas Market
He was handing our Chocolate
Yes, I took candy from a stranger, but he's a Saint. So, it's OK, right?!

Sam's Resturant
It's Germany does Argentinian Steak House with 'American' Decor
Basically, they give you a piping hot stone and you cook your Angus Steak on it.
It was an experience.
These are from a walk we took around town. A few 2006 pictures tossed in for comparision and my own geekiness of liking to see them change or not!

Weird Art Guy

Me and Weird Art Guy, 2006
Christmas Market, before it opened

Cool Skeleton Guy, 2011
Same guy 2006
This Picture has been hanging in the house since I took it

Building with Skeleton Guy, 2011

I love this piece. Same since 2006, but this is the 2011 picture


Tilman Riemenschneider during the day

At night



Winding Streets

Fountian in the middle of town

Cobblestone work

Nativity at the Christmas Market

 Haus zun Falken, 2011


2006
it's me!
 OK, then for St. Nicholas Day, the hotel/ St. Nick delivered a chocolate Santa to each room.  I took him to our traning room and took a couple pictures of him in the snow.

St. Nick


It's Art, right outside our training room.
 Everyday at lunch, we received a 3 course lunch, with soup, a main course and dessert.  It was all home cooked oand delicious!

 OK, last few pictures are of a very interesting resturant we went to.  It had the feel of an intimate castle (if that is possible).  Our host told us his story of growing up when Berlin was Berlin, and then how the wall affected his life and family.  It was one amazing tale of how family really is above all.  I'd share it, but it's not my story to share.  BUT, the pictures of this place are!  We were treated to a 4 course meal, with LOTS of local wine.  It was one very memorable evening.



The "sign" of the resturant. Apparently, it's the German word for mace.

Ceiling Art

???????????

??????????????

A guy smashing another guy to bits?
Dessert was this great chocolate thing and a glass of red wine.
For real, the WINE was part of the dessert...
 All in all the trip was great and it's nice to be home and well again!





No comments:

Post a Comment