Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Re-Cap

Well, we had a wonderful Christmas! Lots of family celebrations, and we hosted a nice Christmas Day Open house.  I have to say, the kids have gotten to a super fun age where they really enjoy the magic of the season.

Here are a couple of pre-Christmas Family celebration pictures...

Aunt Jackie, Connor and Samarra reading a book read by
Aunt Jenny, Uncle Doug, Lanie and Kara

Happy Feet!

Princess of the Peng-Pengs

Sibling Love

Santa's Helper

CC plays Godzilla squishing our train

A different Happy Feet Peng-Peng from the Salzl Family
Next up was Christmas Eve.  I spent the morning prepping and cooking for our big party.  We hosted Jeff's immediate family for dinner and celebrations. They accidentally booked a flight that left early Christmas morning.  We did our first Christmas Eve Mass at 4:30pm - we have ALWAYS done midnight mass (turned 10:00pm Mass).  It was new and we were SHOCKED to find our little Church was PACKED.  I used my best parenting skills allowing the kids to play Angry Birds all mass. The kids were just with me; our whole group was separated at Church.  I have to say, sitting at Mass, clutching two of my greatest miracles was very special. My heart was so full of joy, and a touch of sadness.  There are still so many couple out there waiting to be blessed with their miracle. I said a few prayers for all those couples.

Once Mass was over, we celebrated!  Here are a few pictures with that group...
CC with her Sparkly Legs (as Connor called them) and me

Handsome Connor

Cheese!

Ready for Mass

Family 20122

Godfather and Godson

Godmother and Goddaughter

Pa-Pa, CC and Connor

The Balbach's
 Finally, it was time for Connor to leave out cookies for Santa. I asked what kind of glass he'd like for Santa's milk, and he explained to me that Santa wanted a beer. Not any beer, a beer like Daddy's (a Miller Lite).  This is what we left for Santa...
Cookies, Beer and a letter to Santa
I snuck downstairs after Santa left to see....


Christmas Morning!  The kids were so exhausted that they slept in until 8:30am - that was a nice Christmas gift for Mommy and Daddy!  Here are a few pictures from our little Christmas...






A few hours later was our big open house.  Lots of food, family and fun occurred.  Connor and CC spent the day playing and visiting with everyone. I am pretty sure it was fun for everyone who joined us. I tried to get a picture of everyone with the kids. And, of course, I missed a lot of people. Blah.  I will do my best throughout the year to get the people I missed.

Nana, Calista (with another Peng-Peng) and Connor

Connor and CC eating some cookies

Calista the Santa Baby- she looks thrilled, right?!

Connor with his Christmas Robot Vest


Great-Great Uncle Vince, Aunt Angela, Connor and CC

Paw-Paw and Amy

The Willman's (minus Paige)

Grandma, Grandpa, Connor and CC

Connor's latest trick- Winking :)
Our Christmas evening we spent chatting.  By the end of the night we were all exhausted and joyful.  I cannot wait until next year.  Christmas is so much fun with the kids and seeing everything through their eyes.  It has really brought back the magic and wonder of the season.  Happy Birthday Baby Jee-zul!

No comments:

Post a Comment