Monday, April 4th, 7:40am - No Internet connection.
I call into technical support, Connor notes a bowl of Mini-Reece Peanut Butter cups on the counter. I ask him to leave them alone, I move them further back to the counter as I continue my technical support call with Paco. (Really, he said Paco). As Paco and I discuss my situation of my modem THINKING it's connected but the computer refuses to acknowledge the modem, I hear silence. Silence is never good when there is a 2.5 year old in the living room alone, with a TV remote, and a bowl of chocolate. As Paco is telling me something
Back to the story at hand
These are my Ladies:
- One daughter was in the same orphanage as Angelina Jolie's daughter Zahara
- One family has 2 kids, 2 years apart, but from the same IVF cycle
- 2 people in that picture adopted, then went on to have natural miracles
- One IVF baby, the other a natural blessing
- IVF babies, Tot-cicle babies (Frozen Embryo transfer or FET)
- Adoption
- Twins
- Premies
- The list goes on....
We talked about each other, families, and even pooping in Afghanistan. Really, sure we covered a lot of topics. There was a lot of talking, some adult beverages, and lots of rooms filled with laughter. I had no idea 12 people could click so quickly. It was like when you were 6, and you would meet another kid on the playground. The exchange would be "So you want to play?" Response: "yes." And off you and your new friend went. It was just that simple. 12 ladies all beautiful inside and out, all friends connected though our journey to parenthood. I was really reminded of a Chinese Proverb I remembered. This proverb is popular with some adoption parents. It goes like this...
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet regardless of time, place or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break."
-Chinese proverb
All of us ladies in the group are connected; the 12 that were able to attend our weekend and our sisters who were with us in spirit. Hopefully, the stars will align so next time no one will be sick, our whole group could attend, and we must DANCE! I'm not sure I can wait too much longer, as I now know the delicious-ness known as a Tasteycake :)

WOOHOO!!!! Cheese-ah loved meeting Keeee-im! We do have some pretty amazing and totally unique stories don't we?
ReplyDeleteKim, this is beautiful. Great summary of the weekend and the bonds that tie us all together! Love you, girl!
ReplyDelete