Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Showers....

I'm searching for something meaningful and insightful.  But, I'm coming up flat.  Instead, I have this mis-mash of stuff cluttering my little brain.  An image from last night just keeps cracking me up....

Picture this...

My mess of a backyard...

Me, using a pick-ax to tear up roots (roots win, Kim gets sore hands)

I stop to see the kids actually playing together. I pause a moment, in gloved hands, leaning in the pick-ax; just soaking in the beauty of 2 little kids playing at peace in their sand box.  Connor gets up out of the sandbox and starts towards our tree.  Moment of beauty begins to fade as he de-pants and pees on the silver maple tree in the middle of the yard (see he even hates the tree- and a shout out to the family member who "taught" him this behaviour -- you know who you are).  CC notices what is happening.  She gets up, and begins to walk over to her brother finishing up at the tree. She seems to admire his "results" on the tree. Next thing I know, CC has her shirt pulled up exposing her belly, arching her back to stick our her belly, imitating her brother peeing on the tree.

I think she was confused nothing was coming out. And I am not sure this will actually help her potty train as I'm not sure how to break it to her that she has an "innie" and not an "outie."  For now, I guess she can simply pretend pee on the tree.


No comments:

Post a Comment