Give my kids a week and GAME ON. They don't Mess Around, uh-no, they don't mess around!
Update #1: Calista and the Bottle vs. Meanest Mom Ever
I WIN!!! CC is bottle free! Some very smart Mom's gave me the idea of heating up her milk. So, milk in sippy cup, heat 20 secs, and CC enjoys her milk!!! Now, common sense here, the kid drank her formula at room temp, so right from the fridge cold milk was a little chilly. But, heat it up a little, viola! BOTTLE FREE HOME!!! All bottles are now cleaned and put away, awaiting the next baby to use them (which is still in the womb cooking until March - and NO it's NOT MINE!). But, may the bottles come in handy for the next little one (s) to use them!
Update #2: Connor and the great crib escape 2010
Friday, Connor crib-escaped, fell and scared the heck out of us all. So, as he was resting comfortably in what would be his last crib nap, I went exploring. Connor has this "conversion" bed that converts from crib to toddler bed to full size bed. I went to the basement looking for a box that contained the toddler rail. On my way, I ran across a poor dead rodent. LET ME DIGRESS...
This house is close to the woods, close enough that an occasional furry friend comes in for refuge, only to meet his/her maker via mouse trap. Initially I felt guilty of the mouse death, however 9 months later, the guilt is gone and less fuzzy creatures breach our perimeter. Alas, this was the one that was eating my pyrex portable containers (which have been tossed, so if I show up at an event with one, I PROMISE it's new and had not been assaulted by mouse).
ANYWAY.... I see dead mouse, give a little "rest in peace mousey" prayer. Then I find the box I need. And what do I see? Oh yeah, the turd of a dead mouse was apparently attempting to fashion a shiv out of Connor's toddler rail to use on us for murdering all his fuzzy friends who have broken into our home. That POS mouse chewed on the, brand-new-never-used, toddler bed piece. I looked back at dead rodent and gave him a little "burn in .... little mouse" prayer. Damn mouse. So, I was HOPING to have this pristine piece to go on Connor's chewed crib (by his own mouth), no dice. The kid is simply destined to have a chew mark on all his furniture I figure. Stupid Mouse.
That evening, Jeff, Connor and I installed his crib rail, taking down his crib side. Jeff the conveniently had softball, while I had "Dear-God-Please-Keep-Connor-In-His-Bed" duty. I watched many a SuperNanny episode where she explained, the kid gets out of bed, you gently lead them back to bed, repeat until child is in bed asleep or Mom is passed out due to too much wine consumption. I was ready, GAME FACE ON! Much to my surprise, he stayed in bed and actually went to sleep. Huh. That was easy. Every nap and night since, he's stayed in bed, played a little, then slept. It can't be that easy, can it? Apparently it can.
In the span of 8 days, we are now bottle free and only have 1 crib. Wow. Oh and a dead mouse.
No comments:
Post a Comment