Thursday, May 21, 2009

Third Trimester? For real? Me? Really???

Oh how time has FLOWN. This Sunday will be week 27, which is officially when the third trimester begins. Wow. Simply amazing.

I have to say, lately I have been thinking a lot about Connor's birth mom and how she must have felt during her PG with him. I have determined that at 19 I would NOT have had the maturity to deal with pregnancy nor with placing my child for adoption. Heck, at 34 there are nights I just want to cry. I'm frustrated my back is KILLING me, I'm frustrated after planting 5 gerber daisies I feel exhausted, I'm upset I found stretch marks, and I'm frustrated I simply cannot due my normal Kim stuff. You know me, I'm always into something and always on the go. I have a hard time comprehending the concept of limitations. Typically, this time of year I am planting stuff, mulching, digging out stuff, planning some major landscaping involving lots of 22 pound landscaping stones. But, there is this belly in my way, and this little SeaMonkey reminding me to tone it down a notch or 10. Not to mention Jeff likes to remind me that apparently I should NOT be moving couches, chairs, bags of top soil/mulch, landscaping stones, etc. Ugh... But, he is my rock through this, and he keeps telling me my butt does not look pregnant. I love that man. :)

So, needless to say, I feel a bit confined. I know it could TOTALLY be a different story if I was forced to be on bed rest. God help you all if THAT ever happens, let's hope it simply doesn't.

It still all comes back to one thought that pops in my head... I waited for SO long and tried SO hard to become pregnant, that I never stopped to ponder what the reality of pregnancy meant. I envisioned getting pregnant, then having out child. I never stopped to think about the middle part- you know the 40 weeks of being a host body for this little person who enjoys using my bladder as a trampoline. That never crossed my mind. Kind of like in the movies, they show the couple getting pregnant, shopping for the nursery, settings it up, comedy ensues, then BAM delivery of the baby (and more comedy) all in less than 2 hours.

Trust me there is comedy, like when I tried to squeeze between my desk and Connor's baby jail and my butt knocked stuff from the desk ( I guess I am not that small anymore). Or how I feel a pedicure should be covered by my health insurance as I cannot see my toes, hence it's medically necessary for the pedicure so I have pretty toes (I thought that was a great idea). Or how I try to come up with a better way of tying my shoes. Or watch me do yoga- THAT is funny. I can still do handstands and back bends, but tying my shoes, that is the challenge.

All in all being pregnant so far has been an adventure. I am sure after we have SeaMonkey, I will RAVE how GREAT is is to be PG, as you forget all the bad stuff (like shoe tying or the doc saying your weight is too high). But, actually being PG is just different, I'm not totally in control and me being such a control freak, that really seems to bother me a little more than anticipated(oh look at me- I don't need therapy- I just have to blog). However, I do realize how blessed I am and I would not change a thing (except maybe a little less back pain would be nice).

1 comment:

  1. LOL, happy third tri! We think a lot alike- I do dream of being pg, of feeling the kicks, but of nothing else! There will be no stretch marks, weight gain, or (gasp!) hemorrhoids if it ever happens to me. ;) You're doing a great job, especially if you can still do handstands. I can't do one and I don't have a SeaMonkey playing Nadia on my nether regions ;)
    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete