Yep, that is what 24weeks expecting looks like, I'm carrying about an extra 20 pounds at this point. I look like that little old man with a beer belly. But, this is not beer, that I can tell you!
I had a doctor appointment last week, everything is all good so far! I go back at the end of this month to do a glucose test. Apparently I have to drink something then have a blood drawl. After that fun test, then I have to go to the hospital to get a shot due to Jeff's blood and my blood not being compatible. Good old A- (me) and O+(Jeff) just don't mix well. So, this shot will make it so if SeaMonkey's blood is like Jeff's and ours mix, we will both be OK. The good old Rh factor, thank God doctors (and Rhesus monkeys) know about that stuff now a day!!! You should google it, it's simply a fascinating scientific advancement which was only discovered in 1937! Here is the article I read (I am SUCH a geek) http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-rhesus-factor.htm
Lately little SeaMonkey has been flipping and twisting and causing a ruckus. I keep trying to explain to her my bladder is not a trampoline, yet she is not listening. Although my stomach is HUGE, she is still VERY low. That is simply where she likes to hang out. So she's just pushing everything else upward. I never know my stomach and "chest" would ever be so close together (I mean yeah when I am 70 I expect it, but not at 34!).
Connor is getting more mobile, which is requiring a LOT of chasing! I wonder how other PG ladies due it? Just be PG without a 9 month old to chase around? That must be a DREAM. Not that I would change a thing, but it's just like wondering how the "other half" lives.
Let's see...we have decided what to do for SeaMonkey's furniture, and where her room will be. We will be moving my office onto the first floor, and SeaMonkey will be taking over my space. We have not decided on a theme for her room yet, but I did find one "set" I liked. I thought about using Connor's stuff, as that is most logical. But, she needs her own stuff. Soon enough she will be getting hand me downs. So, I figure she can at least have her own crib set.
Finally, for the title of the post. A local radio station is doing a pregnant bikini contest this Friday. You will win the title of "Miss Morning Sickness 2009." The issue, your due date must be by July31. Oh well, I'm not sure I would have participated anyway :)
I'm a sappy preggo girl! I cried looking at these photos!... So happy to see the Team SeaMonkey t-shirt put to good use (esp since there appears to be real risk it will be her name forever, lol!!).
ReplyDeleteKim, Wonderful new format, especially your new title. It makes me tear up. ou are all so blessed. Love, Mom/Jayne
ReplyDeleteKim, you look fantastic! LOVE the t-shirt, too! I agree that SM should have her own set, if at all possible. One thing I remember reading about in multiple parenting magazines (before Ella came home, who the heck has the time to read them now?) is that you should not take the first child's crib away for the sake of the second. Definitely makes sense. Also, congrats on 25 weeks. That is a HUGE milestone!!! :)
ReplyDeleteBig Hugs,
Robyn H.