Well, we are now at week 21. We are 1 week past the "mid-point." I cannot believe it's gone so fast! But, I think chasing after an 8 month (almost 9 month) helps that!!
I am feeling pretty good so far. I am wearing lots of comfy clothing (most of the stuff I typically wear to work). But, I am finding out my normal t-shirts and tops are beginning to get a little short. That is sort of funny. I remember feeling HUGE at 12weeks, now I feel REALLY huge at 21weeks- by 36 weeks, I am sure I will feel like a whale. Oh the joys of getting bigger to grow a little one :)
As you can see, SeaMonkey is a little GIRL! We are excited she is very healthy as shown by our last ultrasound. Everything looks great and it was sooooo very cool to see her. Since we know this news, I think we have decided to move my office to the "formal" living room. Then I can begin decorating SeaMonkey's room. Connor just sleeps so well, I do NOT want to mess that up with a 4 month old beginning to wake him back up in the middle of the night. We worked so hard on his awesome sleep schedule, I do not want to wreck it now!!! So, poor Connor will have a smaller room. I hope he does not mind. Maybe once he gets bigger HE can have the REALLY big bedroom. But for now, I just can't move him around. His mural was done just for him and I cannot move him away from Mr. Monkey or Mr. Tiger. He talks to them, and we tell them Good Morning everyday :)
Have we decided on a name? Not yet, we are still debating. Do you go with a nice, cute name, or a long flowy very feminine name? This is the big discussion. So, do we do a Cinderella or more of a Miley ? (Neither of those names are on the list, but you get the idea). We are just still not sure...
One really neat thing to report is she's been moving a lot. Last night, Jeff was even able to feel her kicking around. It was very neat to finally be able to let him feel her. It's still early and tough to tell all her movements versus normal "intestinal" things. But, I think i am beginning to tell. It reminds me more of an involuntary muscle twitch, or as the books say "like a butterfly fluttering." It really has never felt like a fluttering, come on, you've seen the genetics of where this little girl is coming from. Can you see Jeff or I ever "flutter?" Exactly. We hope she gets all our "good" genetic material and not the weird left over stuff we have. It will be interesting if Jeff's very dominate genes trump out my recessive ones. It's all a mystery right now. I just pray she has light hair (no girl wants black leg hair to have to worry about shaving. If she gets Jeff's leg hair, she will need to begin shaving in kindergarten), and delicate hands (Jeff has great hands for a guy-- but for a girl? We'd need to name her Bertha...). So, we hope she only gets our good stuff. But, since Jeff and I BOTH have a hidden red haired gene, she might even come out with Red Hair.... Who knows.... Guess we wait another 19 weeks to find out....

No comments:
Post a Comment