1. Opening child proof medicine bottles.
Really, it's a huge ordeal. I have leaned to hold the bottle in my palm, then pull down on the cap with my fingers and twist. If I try to open it "normal" it is hard on the foobs.
2. Opening a jar - like Olives, that may or may not be a for a Martini
Nothing made me feel weaker than when I had to focus all my energy on opening a jar of Spanish Queen Olives.
3. Closing my trunk.
Reaching up to push that SUV hatch down-- I have to use both hands on the button on my key fab to close it. Think how much of your chest you use closing that.
4. Opening doors that pull
Nothing like a nice heavy to pull door to make me pause. I pull a little until I can get my foot in and kick it open.
5. Putting on a seat belt- because of Lucifer
I have a little pillow Jeff's Mom made me to cushion the area (Thanks Jayne).
6. Carrying my children...
You can imagine how much that upsets me.
7. Carrying laundry from the washer to the dryer.
8. Wiping down any counter
Again, it's the arm motion.
9. Sweeping or vacuuming
For real, that is not fun and bugs the foobs.
10. Giving people a proper hug.
I have to drift to the left so Lucifer does not get hit, then I have to hug lightly as not to hurt the foobs. It's a problem.
OK, so basically anything that uses a lot of pectoral or chest muscles is still super difficult even 9 weeks out of surgery. But, many things are MUCH easier. I used to have difficult opening the refrigerator door (but no issues stuffing my face) and I used to not be able to reach to hang up my robe. I have come a long way, but these few things still annoy me.
Just a little quick blurb on the chilly Friday!! Who knew my biggest nemesis was a child poof medicine bottle?
No comments:
Post a Comment