Friday, August 17, 2012

A Clean Mess

Got this? (no I'm talking about an over exposed, not in focus picture)

White vinegar, baking soda, and food coloring

Snot sucker

"Upcycled" Dropper


Then add a bowl, and a couple kids and you get this....



I had that for about 45 minutes. Focused and quiet.

Basically, I filled small containers with baking soda.  I gave the kids some cleaned droppers (from old infant Tylenol containers), and those old nose suckers (cleaned too!).  I filled small cups with vinegar and a drop of food coloring (a little goes a LONG way).

Then I let them go.  They LOVED seeing the vinegar and baking soda fizz.  They made interesting creations like these:






All in all a quiet and interesting activity.  I initially was going to fill a huge 9x13 pan, then decided to do a much smaller one. I am glad I did, they kids wanted to keep having "fresh" baking soda for their next creation.

It's messy but it's not.  Also, I used the left over baking soda "creation" to clean my sinks.  They got really sparkly :)

I was inspired by a post at: Play At Home Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment