Monday, July 23, 2007

Post-op and Screaming Seams....

Today would have been 12 weeks. The week we were waiting for. We should have been able to share our news with everyone today, but......

I had my post op appointment about a week and a half ago. Everything looks fine and is healing as expected. Dr. A took his time to answer all of the questions Jeff and I had. He told us they did not see anything odd in the pathology of the "tissue" sample. We discussed in depth how our blighted ovum (empty sac), just happens. Our doctor is not near as discouraged as we are. He is extremely pleased we were actually able to get pregnant. It's like we keep getting closer to our goal, then somehow we trip and lose sight of it. It sucks. The whole thing sucks, but Jeff and I are healing. We are discussing trying one more time (famous last words). Dr. A did give us an another grant towards our next attempt, however financially we are stuck until we sell this house. We started a novena to St. Joseph to help sell the house... so far no dice. I even went to get a statue to bury, but apparently our catholic store went out of business. So much for the Catholic Peddler.

On to lighter topics..........

I totally geeked out and stood in line Friday/Saturday at 12:01am to get the new Harry Potter book. I finished it Sunday evening. Honestly the last 150-200 pages, I could not put it down. It was a very good conclusion to the series. It was sad to finish it. I remember reading the first two as Jeff and I were engaged. I took #3 with me to read on the Honeymoon and purchased #4 in Maui during our second day of the honeymoon. When the first movie came out, it was during our first couple years of marriage, I remember playing the computer game late at night. Then when the second movie came out, it was a great excuse for us to buy a play station 2. I remember that day well because that was when we first began testing for our fertility issues. Funny I remember the day of our first semen analysis was also the day we saw a Harry Potter movie AND purchased a Play Station 2 - an action packed day. LOL! So, it's sad there has been a conclusion to the series. But at least there are still 2 movies to be made, and I can re-read these books when the mood strikes me.

Last random thought... Who in God's Green Earth dresses some of these people at softball fields? Jeff had a tourny on the WAY West Side of town Sunday. Some of these people, holy cow. Honestly, there has never been a day in my life when I have walked out of my house in white Spandex and thought "I am DAAAMNNNN Hot!" OK, first I've never walked out of ANY house to go in PUBLIC wearing white spandex. Yes, I did own a pair of white spandex bike shorts back in the early 90's -- that was back in my leotard wearing days. Those were actually for WORKING OUT, not to make a fashion statement.

Also, there is cheering for your husband and his teammates, then their is "cheering" for your team. In all my years of softball viewing, I have yet to watch Jeff make a play and go (add southern-ish accent) "That's MY MAN!" First off, the people I sit with know I'm married to him, hence he is (in theory) my man. Second, I cheer for the whole team, not just for Jeff. It just cracks me up. Yes, if you sit near me, you might hear my unenthusiastic/ sarcastic, "Go Jeff." There is a reason. Jeff has explained to me he hears me as he bats. Kind of like during my beam routine there were only a handful of people I heard as I went though the routine. If I was all enthusiastic going (add southern-ish accent), "Let's go Jeffro! Hit the snot outta that ball!" A few things would occur, first I'd pee myself laughing so hard, Jeff would strike out and have to buy the team beer. So, it seems earlier to just cheer as I feel for the moment. Anyway, moral for the story avoid white spandex pants and ANY pants that look as if the seams are screaming for mercy. Just a tip.

2 comments:

  1. As I sit in the Houston airport, awaiting my last leg (finally!) after quite the day of travel (you know!), I needed that chuckle! We recognize our spandex days are over... why don't seem people realize theirs never even started??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim are you talking about me when you did beam? Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete