Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Not sure how to title this....But I think the graphic works

I am sooooo cheesy. I found this little counter online (thanks to your web friends Suz). Too cute huh? So, when I initially saw this, the counter seemed awfully high to me. Now, lots of you probably know this stuff, but I just learned it. They consider my last menstrual cycle (TMI- sorry) week 1. So, based on that calculation on 40 weeks (or 280 days) we are 5 weeks along. However, gestationally, we are 3 weeks 2 days. Either way, we are still pregnant -- I think.

Obviously, I have no signs yet. The 8 lbs I have gained are most likely due to the fertility meds, and my new "chesty" look I think has been enhanced by the meds as well. So far no sickness, I've been kind of tired (not really), not too cranky, but I have to go to the bathroom all the time. Apparently that is some neato side effect in the first trimester I had no clue about. Since I am paranoid, I might even do another HPT (home PG test) JUST to make sure it still is positive. I think I am going certifiably insane. But, maybe consider the Clear Blue Easy stock... it might be jumping soon if I get addicted to daily testing!

We have that ultrasound next Wednesday, that seems like forever away. We will be 6 weeks then, I'm still not sure if we are looking for a yolk sac or what. As long as whatever they see is what they expect, I am good with that. Just an aside, one lady from my website, just had her ultrasound today... so far it's triplets. Wow. She and I did our transfer on the same day... hmmm... Time will tell.

Old Wives Tale Alert: Have any of you heard of not buying anything for the baby(babies) the first 3 months of pregnancy? I have never heard that, but now I know it, I am even more paranoid. I'm not sure we will be buying a thing until the beginning of fall. Whatever weird things do I need to know so I do not jinx us? (I am so 5th grade!) Hey I don't walk under ladders, place hats on beds, no shoes on a table... we do not want that bad juju. However, I break that concept of a black cat crossing my path. Since we feed Sebbie, he walks by us a lot. He's my exception.

We are just hoping whatever this journey bring us, we how everything is healthy and very textbook. We've made it this far, now this weird paranoia is setting in.... I have a feeling paranoia may go on for the next 18+ years.

I have no good random funny thoughts today. Holy cow I am getting dull. Tomorrow I do lunch with the girls, maybe some great people watching with elicit some neat stories.

Hope you all have great days!!!! Please keep 8 and/or 9 in your prayers....

2 comments:

  1. I just found out Monday night from some of my friends that you were about 6 weeks along...I found that very interesting, but forgot to tell you....sorry. Anyway, I know little Kimeeeeeeee is doing well, but have you picked names for the other 3 yet? I know you still have some time to go, but thought I would check. You know, some people don't even have names until the last week, or after the baby is born.
    And, about that bathroom thing....just wait until the last trimester...I think it is God's way of preparing you for the middle of the night feedings.
    As always, we all send our love,
    Mom/Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing 8 and 9 a pleasant picture day. Have fun at your first photo shoot. Many blessings from California.

    ReplyDelete