"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward."
Amelia Earhart
It began when the kids were 4 and 5. We were on our annual trip to "Sunny Beach." Jeff said to me, "Wouldn't it be great to live down here?" I verbally agreed, but in my head I thought, there is no way we would ever really consider leaving Cincinnati.
Each vacation on "Sunny Beach" we fall more in love with the area. We explore more, we find ourselves day dreaming, visiting Carolina One reality web page. Just looking. Browsing... See what could be possible. Wondering why we have not moved on this.
Well, that year + of cancer crap, kind of had me staying close to my doctors. Close to family, friends and what is familiar. We had enough going on, no need to rock the boat with pipe dreams.
However, this year, our trip was different. We had long talks about our dreams and hopes; aspirations for our family. Jeff and I came up with an awesome fictitious restaurant we would run down South. But, neither of us have experience, other than that one summer I spent waiting tables. Jeff and I had a serious heart to heart about could we make this happen? Luckily, I have watched a good friend make her dream come true. The sold their house and are exploring North America in an RV. Their adventures are wild; they literally are living our their dream! No regrets!
There is it, regrets. If the shit hits the fan and my health goes crappy again, I do not want regrets. I want to know we lived, and we lived our way.

No comments:
Post a Comment