Let's go back to the day of surgery...
We dropped the kids off at school, and it was National Smile day. So my girl was in heaven.
Jeff and I headed over to Church. I lit a candle to pray for a successful surgery and for all my friends also on their cancer journey. We went home and piddled around. I asked Jeff to take me to the Zoo before surgery I was tired of just wasting time around the house, and a walk sounded like an excellent distraction.
Here we are near the Gorilla area. We were almost late to surgery because those guys were putting on quite a show. But, then it was time to go down the road to Christ. In keeping with my photos from last year, I did my handstand, in this year's Crush Cancer shirt.
Then was asked to put on a gown....this one opened in the back :)
The goals of this surgery....
1. REMOVE LUCIFER!!!!
2. Correct my monster gap from my Foobs.
3. Graft some fat to create cleavage for my foobs to make them look more natural.
The day before surgery, I drove to Columbus for a pre-op. Dr. Tiwari (Foob Creator), and I discussed size and such. I learned my implants were 400cc, and he ordered 500cc, 550cc and 600cc implants to have on hand. We discussed the 600cc implants may be too big, but, really I was open. The initial plan was to do a larger implant, then fat graft 100-200cc of fat for the cleavage.
Best laid plans --- right?!
Like any surgery, all my fun docs came in to visit. This time no selfies; I was ready to get this show on the road. Doctor Miller (aka Lucifer Exorcist) and I had a lovely discussion. My goal was to keep Lucifer; I wanted to mount that jerkface in a shadowbox as a memento of all the hell he gave me. Well, thanks to the fact in was implanted in me, I was unable to keep him. She promised a picture for me. I'm still waiting for my 8x10 glossy of that asshat.
Dr. Tiwari came in and drew all over me with sharpie. We discussed the areas that we would graft from and our goal.
Then at some point I received the happy medicine and went to sleep. I thank the nurse who was holding my hand as that happened. Not sure who you were; but it was comforting.
In typical Kim fashion, I came out of anesthesia horribly. I could feel my lungs were "wet." I woke up to someone giving me a nebulizer. Apparently, my Oxygen sats were very low. I felt like I was there for 45 minutes, I think Jeff said it was closer to 3 hours. Eventually, my body finally decided to cooperate, and I was allowed to change out of the gown. As Jeff helped me get dressed, a suture pulled and I started to bleed--- a lot. If you know Jeff, you know he does NOT do well with blood. The nurse came in, got it all bandaged up, and finally we went home.
Things got fuzzy after that. I slept on the couch, sitting up. I thought that would makes things easier. What I did not know was how horrible the pain from fat grafting my abdomen would be. FYI- fat grafting is a kind way of saying.....liposuction then shove it in my foob cleavage.
The first two days were tough. I could not use my arms/chest to push up to sit up, and my abs were worthless. Here are some extremely unflattering pictures of my post surgery dressings, and messy bedroom.
It's a safe bet to say I had some serious swelling going on. How much you ask? Enough that I dropped 7 pounds in 2 days. WOW.
Back to the foobs.....right, so....Turns out that 700cc implants "slipped right in." Turns out we had another issue. I learned about this yesterday in my post op. I asked Dr. Tiwari why he did not "harvest" more fat-- like we discussed, Apparently, my fat is dense. Nothing like being told, "You have the fat of a 20 year old." I think that is a compliment, but that is a WEIRD compliment. Unfortunately, dense fat does not lipo well. So, he used a bigger implant to fill in the space, since we could not graft as much as anticipated.
After I escaped the post surgical dressings, I entered into the world of old lady support bras and spanx. I was sporting this lovely ensemble under my elastic shorts and baggy t-shirts. Excuse the lovely hair- it's post surgery, give me a break. It's real people!!!
Now, being me, I was planning on returning to work 4 days after surgery. THAT was a mistake (hindsight is always 20/20). I did return to work, I did go back too soon, I did get sick, and I did live. I feel a LOT better finally, 10 days post surgery. I can bend over to tie my shoes without thinking I may die. For all my friend that have C-sections-- much respect. That must have sucked to recover from.
Oh, the foobs?! THEY ARE HUGE. Like Dolly Parton HUGE. Like finally, at 41 my Capannari boobs came in. I had to make a deal with Dr. Tiwari, I am giving them 3 months to see how they settle in before making any decisions. Also, I had to promise no running and no yoga for a month. Apparently, I was already doing too much and I got my wrist slapped at my post op. I need to wear my LOVELY spanx for 6 + weeks to assist with the healing from my "contouring" and I should wear 2 sports bras when I walk. This is hysterical. Remember, I went from a "full B" to now wearing 2 sports bra's in a year. I figure if I lose my day job, I may have a future in topless dancing. There is always a silver lining.
So why was I quiet? I don't know. I was tired, and I did not have much to say.... and I may have been binge watching some Netflix....
But, all in all I'm OK. Still healing, but I'm OK!
No comments:
Post a Comment