Thursday, August 22, 2013

Firsts for Calista

After CC and I sent Connor off for his first day of kindergarten.  We went ahead and had a VERY special day planned.  First up, a doctor's appointment!!! Ok, well, she pretty well did not like that, especially the shot part.  So, I was determined to make it up to her.

We had been talking for a few months about ear piercing.  I explained it was like a shot in her ear.  Well, after just having 2 shots, she was familiar with the sensation.  She decided we would go and just, "check things out" at the Mall.  I had already had her watch some You Tube videos on the subject, so she felt ready.

However, after seeing the chick who was working at Claire's-- I was NOT ready.  Needless to say, we ended up at Piercing Pagoda. Where only 1 person was working --- and THAT was my first mistake.
No holes on the lobe yet!
 
I am READY!!!!!!



Ear 1, mid-meltdown
We choose some very cute ladybug earrings.  And it was time.  BAM- one in and she FREAKED.  She ended up having a crying fit for 20 minutes in the Mall, trying to convince me that she only needed one ear pierced. Oh.no.  I SHOULD have waited for two people to work.  But, I really thought she would be ok.

After a cookie and a drink, we finally got ear number 2 pierced.  And Doc McStuffin was pierced too.  Ta-da!!!!

 
Then, of course, at the end of the night, an earring falls out and causes a commotion.  Luckily, it fell somehow, down her back and was lodged in the waistband of her jammies.  Crisis averted once we got it back in.  Otherwise, she has done GREAT with the cleaning and turning and everything. 
 
After a lovely lunch at Chick-a-filet, and getting Connor off the bus, her next first was up.  Her first HAIRCUT.  Yes, at age 4 we finally trimmed up the back of her hair/  I was so sad to see her little baby curls get cut off.  I knew, the would never return.... (photos by Connor)
 







 
I forgot to get an after picture, but it looks like little girl hair now.  The curl is gone :(
 
That is CC's adventure on Connor's first day of school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment