Monday, August 26, 2013

First Days of Kindergarten

Connor's new school does things a bit different.  On the first "real" day of school it was 1/2 of his class, so, today was his real first day of school. Riding the bus to and from.  But, for giggles, here are some very sweet first days pictures.

I cannot believe the little man is in Kindy.... Amazing!!!

 
He was up and dressed and ready to go by 6:45am.  Top button, buttoned and all.  He was a bit disappointed I drove him in on day 1.  And he was not too keen that we wanted to walk him to class.  Sorry, Connor, but we did.


 
 Then we left.  CC and I went to have an adventure (more on that in a different post) and Jeff went back to work.  I just kept praying that Connor had a good day. It took every ounce of self restraint to not go pick him up from school that day.  The deal was he could ride the bus home.  So, CC went to nap and I waited. And waited.  Four buses went by, but no Connor. 20 minutes AFTER he was to be home, there it was.
 Connor jumped off with a HUGE smile.  He LOVED it.  He was so excited, that he left his backpack and lunch box on the bus.  Luckily, a very kind second grader noticed Connor left it, and gave it to him.  Phew, we both made it through our first day!!!!  He had a sticker with his name on it, and a race car sticker!  It was a green star kind of day for him!


Two Thumbs UP!!!
Now, today, we the first day to ride the bus to and from school.  His WHOLE class would be there today.  Hopefully, his teacher will not mix up Connor H and Connor L again (on day 1, the kids had on the wrong name tags, of course I was the parent who had to point this out). 

So, this morning we all waiting on the porch for the bus. Notice Connor's hair, someone decided to play with scissors and hair trimming.  Did I mention school photos are tomorrow?  Anyway, I ended up trimming his Mohawk, which made things look 100% worse.  Oh well, live and learn.  At least I know cutting your own hair runs in the family. I did it when I was four, right before my debut as a flower girl for my Uncle's wedding.    Connor apparently gets his impeccable, hair cutting timing from me.


Cute smile, it really detracts from the bald spot

Playing with a giant cicada

Look at my snake back pack!

Ready for his bus ride
This is what I did not expect to see.  As the bus drove off, I ask CC how she felt.  This the face I saw.  It brought the tears on for us both.  We miss our Connor, and hope he's having a great day!

Sad Seamonkey, missing her Godzilla

No comments:

Post a Comment