Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy New Year!



Pictures of our Dinning Room remodel...Dec.30, 2007


Happy 2008! Woo-hoo! A new year and who knows what it will bring. But, however 2008 goes, just know ya'll will be along for the ride!



So, most popular question of 2008, "When are you going to cycle again?" Answer, who knows. This spring maybe? or Maybe not? Maybe we will focus more on adoption...we just do not know...or maybe we do know and we are keeping it to ourselves.... :)



Our house continues to be our project. It's been fun, but there is still sooo much to do. This spring will be full of landscaping and painting exterior trim. The last time this house was painted, Nancy Reagan was in the full swing of her "Just say No" campaign. I have to say that is really the only "painting" project I hate, exterior trim. It's not a fun job, and it's hard to be good at it. PLUS, having to scrape off the old paint. That is going to be my part time job for weeks. It's be easier to just replace the windows...but window replacement is not budgeted for this year.



On our interior, our dinning room has been painted and looks awesome. The entry way is painted, but removing the rest of the wall paper is a chore. We need to borrow scaffolding to reach the rest. And in full Kim glory, the paint I chose for the entry (to go all the way up the hallway), it textured and requires 2 or 3 coats of paint. Yeah, I have to say, that surprised me it needs 2 or 3 coats. It should be a blast, I know Jeff is super excited for that project! (please read last sentence with sarcasm, Jeff is not at ALL excited about my little project)



What else...Gramma passed away in December. It was a very, very sad day. But, a day after her funeral, I felt a huge sensation of peace. Like she was letting me know everything was great and she was MUCH happier. I like to think in heaven, she's not the little lady that was fighting dementia, but she's back in her prime. Back in the days when she made me practice reading with her, listened to me practice my recorder or clarinet (and told me how WONDERFUL it sounded), or when she tried to teach me Italian. Gramma was and still is a HUGE part of who I am today. She made me a better person, even up until her death, she taught me kindness, how to love, and how to trust in your faith. Up until the day she died, she prayed every day and said a rosary. I am definitely my Gramma's grand-daughter, God knows I chat up everyone I can at the check out line, just like Gramma did. :) Gram will be missed but never ever forgotten, she touch too many lives to be forgotten.



All in all, things are good. We got to have LOTS of friends and family over to our new home. People would come over for Bengals games (next season is our season!), or for our first Thanksgiving, or Christmas, or even New Years! We have already made lots of memories and cannot wait to make more!!!! If we are REALLY lucky, maybe we can even use on of our extra bedrooms this year, and for the next 18 or so... Just keep us in our prayers, our journey continues....

1 comment:

  1. May you be blessed with some new reasons to start blogging routinely again!...

    ReplyDelete